We believe that Markets are efficient and that in the long-run it is difficult to consistently do better than the overall Market. This approach is based on the work of Nobel Prize winning economists whose studies have proven that the how your investments are allocated (mix between stocks, bonds, and cash), are the most important determining factor in how well your investments will perform over the long-run. In other words a well diversified portfolio is the key to long-term success.
Whenever possible, I will incorporate the use of low cost investments from Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA) and Vanguard*. The use of DFA funds are only available to DFA approved advisors.
In a well-constructed portfolio, each investment should fulfill a specific function and be right for your personal situation. Before implementing any recommendations on your behalf, we will:
- Thoroughly discuss your goals with you before making any recommendations
- Look at the financial risks you are already taking before determining your appropriate level of investment risk
- Review all your accounts to determine an appropriate asset allocation and asset location (which investments should be in which accounts)
- Recommend the real estate exposure you need to achieve long-term financial stability
- Integrate tax planning with your investment strategy to produce a higher after-tax return
Back to Planning Services
*Attune Financial Planning is a California Registered Investment Advisor. Investments made on behalf of clients are made with it's Custodian TD Ameritrade.